Roku Stick Not Working On TV | Not Connecting To Wi-Fi
First of all you need to find out what type of Roku Stick you’re using. There are various type of Roku Stick available over the market. Remote issues may be different based on the device model. If Roku stick not working on TV or Roku stick not connecting to Wi-Fi you need to find out first what type of your Roku is. Well, you will have following types of remote.
- Standard IR Remote
- Enhanced “Point Anywhere” Remote
If you’re not sure about what type of your Roku Stick is, you can contact to Roku Customer Service where you can get information related to your Roku player and other devices.
Fix When Roku stick not working – Standard IR Remote
Standard IR Remote function directly pointed to Roku player and most common reason behind having trouble with Standard IR Remote, when device is located in a position, where signals are not connecting properly. You need to check if the signals from the remote is blocked or interrupted.
To Resolve Problem When Roku Stick Not Working, See these…
- Make sure there are no visible obstruction between the Roku Player and the remote. Try holding the remote directly pointing to Roku player without any visible obstruction.
- You can reset batteries if it works. Sometime it happens that batteries don’t function perfectly when there is carbon inside the battery area. So you can remove batteries and re-inserting them after cleaning it.
- You can try by replacing the batteries and check if the problems are resolve.
- You can try new remote by downloading into the smart phone. You have to go to the Play store and download universal remote for Roku Player.
Roku Stick Not Connecting Roku – Express and Roku Express+ Remote
When your Roku Stick not connecting to WiFi, or Roku stick not connecting on TV, you can check the batteries of your Roku Express and Roku Express+ if that are working properly. You can try resetting or replacing the batteries. Make sure Roku stick pointing direct to the Roku player.
- You can Re-Locate Your Roku Express/Express+.
- Change The Battery of the remote.
Enhanced ‘Point-Anywhere’ Remote
These types of remote connect over a wireless network and do not need to be pointed directly to the Roku device.
To resolve such problems when Roku stick not connecting, you can try these following to fix problems…
- You can try restarting the Roku device and remote. You can remove remote batteries and re-insert them.
- You can try removing the power cable of the Roku Player and wait for couple of minutes and then re-connect everything.
- When you see the Roku device working fine, Re-insert the batteries.
- You can try re-pairing the remote. (You only have to remove the batteries of the remote and re-insert them after resetting the device)
- Try replacing the batteries
- If all the tips don’t work, you can try changing the remote.
These are basic troubleshooting tips that will resolve such problems when Roku stick not working on TV. You can also contact to Roku helpline by going through their toll-free phone number.