First of all, you need to find out what type of Roku Stick you’re using. There is various type of Roku Stick available over the market. Remote issues may be different based on the device model. If Roku stick not working on TV or Roku stick not connecting to Wi-Fi you need to find out first what type of your Roku is. Well, you will have following types another remote.
- Standard IR Remote
- Enhanced “Point Anywhere” Remote
If you’re not sure about what type of your Roku Stick is, you can contact Roku Customer Service where you can get information related to your Roku player and other devices.
Fix When Roku Stick Remote Not Working – Standard IR Remote
Standard IR Remote function directly pointed to Roku player and the most common reason behind having trouble with Standard IR Remote, when the device is located in a position, where signals are not connecting properly. You need to check if the signals from the remote are blocked or interrupted.
To Resolve Problem When Roku Stick Not Working on TV, See these…
- Make sure there is no visible obstruction between the Roku Player and the remote. Try holding the remote directly pointing to Roku player without any visible obstruction.
- You can reset batteries if it works. Sometimes it happens that batteries don’t function perfectly when there is carbon inside the battery area. So you can remove batteries and re-inserting them after cleaning it.
- You can try by replacing the batteries and check if the problems are resolved.
- You can try new remote by downloading into the smartphone. You have to go to the Play store and download universal remote for Roku Player.
Roku Stick Not Connecting Roku – Express and Roku Express+ Remote
When your Roku Stick not connecting to WiFi, or Roku stick not connecting on TV, you can check the batteries of your Roku Express and Roku Express+ if that is working properly. You can try resetting or replacing the batteries. Make sure Roku stick pointing directly to the Roku player.
- You can Re-Locate Your Roku Express/Express+.
- Change The Battery of the remote.
Enhanced ‘Point-Anywhere’ Remote
These types of remote connect over a wireless network and do not need to be pointed directly to the Roku device.
To resolve such problems when Roku stick not connecting, you can try these following to fix problems…
- You can try restarting the Roku device and remote. You can remove remote batteries and re-insert them.
- Also, try to removing the power cable of the Roku Player and wait for a couple of minutes and then re-connect everything.
- When you see the Roku device working fine, Re-insert the batteries.
- You can try repairing the remote. (You only have to remove the batteries of the remote and re-insert them after resetting the device)
- Try replacing the batteries
- If all the tips don’t work, you can try changing the remote.
These are basic troubleshooting tips that will resolve such problems when Roku stick not working on TV. You can also contact Roku helpline by going through their toll-free phone number.
Also, Click Here to check the reference to fix when Roku Stick Remote Not Working…