Roku remote is not working? Don’t worry. There are so many ways to fix when Roku remote not working. First of all, you need to find out what kind of Roku remote you have. Either your streaming device Roku comes with slandered IR remote that must be pointed directly to Roku device, or an enhanced Roku remote that connects over a Wi-Fi network and works whenever you point it. There are other versions of Roku so better to decide whether Roku 1 remote not working, Roku 2 remote not working, Roku 3 remote not working, Roku 4 remote not working Or Roku TV remote not working.
The best way to find about what kind of Roku remote you have, you need to check this from the back panel of the remote. At the back of the remote battery panel, if you see a pairing button, you have an enhanced “Point anywhere” remote; you have the Standard IR Roku remote.
How To Fix Standard IR Roku Remote:
You can easily fix standard IR Roku remote as you only have to take care about few basic functions. Fix the Roku remote not working with the help of the following guide.
- Signals are the only way that connects Roku remote to Roku player. You need to check if Signals aren’t blocked. You can check if the remote pointed correctly at the Roku Player or you can check if anything blocking the signals. If you see something that you feel might blocking the signals, you can fix it asap.
- You need to check the battery if discharge battery is the reason behind Roku remote not working. Sometimes it happens when you need to change your remote battery as Roku remote not working because of discharge batteries. To fix this, you need to charge remote cell or charge them.
- However, replacing the batteries isn’t the final solution as you can reset them once. Just open battery box, remove the batteries and keep them back to panel. After that point the remote to Roku and see if it’s working, if not, follow the changing battery procedure.
How To Fix The Enhanced “Point-Anywhere” Roku Remote
If your Roku remote is wireless and works enhanced “Point anywhere”, you need the follow this instruction in order to troubleshoot when Roku remote isn’t working.
- You need to restart your remote as well as Roku player device. You need to remove the batteries and set up the same as earlier. After restarting the Roku player, point out the Roku remote to Roku player and see if it works.
- Restart Roku Device. When Roku home screen appears on the screen, wait for at least 30 seconds and press a button to see if it works.
- You can check by Re-pairing the remote. After restarting both Roku remote and Roku player, It’s still not working, Press and hold the pairing button located in the battery compartment for few seconds or until remote start to flash. Wait for30 seconds to establish a connection with your Roku device. And see if the pairing dialogue appearing on the TV.
Replace The Batteries When Roku remote not working
The process the replacing the batteries is different. But it still simple. Remove the batteries from the Roku remote and power of the Roku player, just wait for few seconds and reconnect the cable.
Once the home screen appears on the TV, you need to insert the batteries into the remote and see if the issue is fixed. Most of the time it fixes the remote’s technical problems until remote is working. However, you always have an option to continuing Roku streaming as you can download the Roku remote in your Smartphone. In case, You are unable to fix your Roku remote, then you need to contact Roku Customer Support Number and connect with the Roku technical team. Just ask them as Why is my Roku remote is not working, Roku support will assist you accordingly. For more information Click Here if your Roku 1 remote not working.